Friday, January 23, 2009

Mischief Makers






To say that Joseph and Benjamin spend a lot of time together is a bit of an understatement. They eat together, sleep together, bathe together and spend virtually every waking moment in each others company. Although so much togetherness may become tiresome, it also provides many opportunities for cooperation and the benefits of synergism.
For example, a couple months ago they discovered that if they work together they can move both highchairs (even in a locked position) across the kitchen. And just a few days ago I realized that the play room had gotten suddenly quiet. When I went to investigate I discovered that Benjamin had climbed onto the chair to retreive a full box of kleenex off the table, then he and Joseph combined their efforts to empty the box and shred its contents as quickly as possible before mom could spoil the fun.
There is also a sort of twin language that is developing between them. Sometimes I will hear them in their cribs or in the play room just laughing and chattering back and forth with each other in conversational style. It makes me wish I had a universal translater for baby language!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They will be partners in crime until the end. You and Matthew are in big trouble.