Benjamin is such a ball of energy! He seems to be constantly in motion. It's as if he is asking, "Okay, what's next?" all the time. His attention span isn't very long, but rather than impatience I put it down to the fact that he is so curious. I have started limiting the number of toys in the play room at any one time in hopes that he will learn to focus a little more!
Grandma, or "Emma" as the boys call my mom, surprised them with an indoor climbing gym, complete with a telescope (as seen above), a slide and a swing. They love it. And I think it has helped with Benjamin's focus because he was so determined to climb the little wall and slide down all by himself that he did it over and over again until he didn't need my help anymore. He's also a very physical little person, he will climb in, on, and over anything in his path.
In the bathtime photo, Benjamin is using his modified sign language to say "water." My mom has been instrumental in teaching the boys several basic signs and I believe this has helped develop their language skills and allowed us to avoid the frustration that toddlers often experience when their vocalization ability hasn't matured yet.
1 comment:
I'm teaching my little one to sign too. He can't make signs but he already recognizes some. What smart boys you have!!
Post a Comment